Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 Lens
Nimble Portrait Prime
An ideal portrait-length prime, the FE 85mm f/1.8 from Sony is a sleek short-telephoto lens designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras. The bright f/1.8 design is an ideal balance between speed and a compact form factor and the slightly long focal length offers a flattering perspective for portraiture and event photography.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture allows for fine-tuned control over depth of field and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- One extra-low dispersion element is featured in the optical design and helps to limit color fringing and chromatic aberrations for heightened image clarity and color accuracy.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Autofocus and Handling
- Double linear autofocus motor delivers smooth, precise, and near silent focusing
- performance to benefit both stills and video applications.
- Focus hold button on the lens barrel can be used to hold the focusing position, or can be set in-camera to control a variety of additional lens functions.
- AF/MF switch for tactile control over the focus mode.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design for increased protection to the elements.