Sony a7S III Mirrorless Camera Body Only
Introducing the Alpha 7S III – a new milestone in sensitivity, speed and image supremacy. Featuring an all-new 12.1MP backside illuminated full-frame sensor with twice the readout speed for ultra-clean low-light images up to ISO 409,600, 15 stops dynamic range and 3x reduction in rolling shutter, plus Sony’s acclaimed fast hybrid autofocus with 759 phase detection AF points. A new BIONZ XR processing engine deliver 8x more processing power for up to 120p 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 and full pixel readout in all recording modes.
Sony’s alpha 7S Mark III is the third iteration in the most video-focused of the company’s a7 series of full frame cameras. It’s essentially a native 4K camera with impressive video specs and a revised user interface. It can capture UHD 4K footage at up to 120p in 10-bit 4:2:2 encoding and promises 16-bit Raw video output.
Sony a7S III
- 12MP BSI CMOS sensor
- Bionz XR processor
- On-sensor phase detection
- ISO 80-102,400 (expandable to 40-409,600)
- 9.44M-dot EVF with 0.91x magnification
- 4K video at up to 120p, 60p for ‘at least an hour’
- 16-bit Raw video output at up to 60p
- 10-bit 4:2:2 internal capture (in codecs including H.265 and All-I H.264)
- Fully articulating LCD
- 5-axis in-body stabilization with SteadyShot active mode
- Twin card slots that each accept either SD or CFexpress Type A