Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.8G Lens
A highly desirable focal length for portraiture,
the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G from Nikon is a short-telephoto prime featuring a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture.
This design finds balance between a lightweight,
compact form factor while also being fast enough to effectively control depth of field and suit working in low light.
Individual lens elements feature a Super Integrated Coating,
which controls flare and ghosting to produce greater contrast and color fidelity when working in bright and backlit conditions. Additionally,
the Silent Wave Motor affords fast and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Short-telephoto prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however, can also be used with DX models where it provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture helps to achieve shallow depth of field imagery and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Super Integrated Coating has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.